Cedefop (Cedefop – Centre europeen pour le development de la formacion professionelle) is an EU agency based in Greece. Cedefop supports the development of European vocational education and training (VET) policies and contributes to their implementation. The agency is helping the European Commission, EU Member States and the social partners to develop the most relevant European VET policies.
Cedefop’s mission: helping develop the right policies to provide the right skills
Cedefop works to strengthen European cooperation and provide the evidence on which to base European VET policy. Cedefop’s added value is the high quality of its comparative analyses and expertise gathered through research and networking, which are used to:
- Provide technical advice and propose ideas for VET policies;
- Fill knowledge gaps and generating new insights that identify trends in and challenges for VET;
- Increase awareness of VET’s image and importance;
- Bring together policy-makers, social partners, researchers and practitioners to share ideas and debate the best ways to improve VET policies;
- Support and encourage joint European approaches, principles and tools to improve VET.
Cedefop works closely with the European Commission, Member States’ governments, representatives of employers and trade unions, VET researchers and practitioners. It provides them with up-to-date information on developments in VET as well as opportunities for policy debate.
You can follow Cedefop’s work:
on our website: www.cedefop.europa.eu
on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/cedefop
on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/cedefop