The Polish Agency for Enterprise Development presented its report summarizing the sixth edition of the Study of Human Capital for 2017-2018. The report "Professional and educational activity of adult Poles toward the challenges of the modern economy" was presented on September 17 of this year.
In this edition, the report presents the issues of:
- the Millennials (generation Y);
- development of competences from the perspectives of employees, enterprises and training entities;
- determinants of professional activity in Poland;
- organisational culture, strategy and personnel management in Polish enterprises;
- employment and competence needs of companies.
The report contains data collected in two waves of the study - in 2017 and 2018. The first wave covered cross-sectional studies of employers, the population and institutions of the development sector, while panel study data on employers and the population were collected in the second wave.
The report indicates that in the future, the most desirable competences in the labour market will be those that cannot be easily replaced by automation processes, using machines or an algorithm. Employees of the future should be flexible, adaptable to changes, demonstrate the ability to cooperate in searching for and implementing solutions to identified problems.